Quickly maturing startup seeking like minded Director of Software Engineering! PacketFabric redefines how companies procure, consume, and manage their network connectivity. The technical team is a small, talented, and close knit group and we're looking for an experienced technical leader to ensure business operations flow smoothly.
As a well rounded Director of Software Engineering focused on business systems, you should definitely be the type that appreciates diversity in your day, and challenges outside of your comfort level! Our internal tooling teams need a leader with a range of experience to help them grow and ensure everyone is successful in their respective roles. At PacketFabric we believe our management should be experienced in their subject matter, and highly technically competent. A typical day in the life of a PacketFabric software engineer director might include these types of activities:
- Hiring and recruiting for the team of software engineers who are focused on building our billing system, tools used by our sales teams/channel partners and tools used by our support staff.
- Helping software engineers improve their skills, experience, self sufficiency and success in their roles. Holding regular 1:1s with all team members to keep individual goals on track and aligned with team success.
- Building processes that help the team to collaborate and execute both within the team and with other PacketFabric teams.
- Working with your customers (finance, channel, and sales) to build the product roadmap and ensure their needs are being met by tooling and infrastructure.
- Working tightly with the product team to maintain tool roadmaps and ensure feature development is aligned across all product roadmaps.
- Ensuring technical decisions are consistent with PacketFabric as a whole to allow for team cross pollination, and staying in sync with other software teams.
- Mandating very clean delineation between systems and allowing access only through APIs with great documentation for your stand alone products.
- Using your knowledge to assist in architecting systems, processes and tooling to be developed by the team.
- Training software engineers to conduct technical interviews.
- Staying actively involved in development of the systems and keeping highly informed on day to day decisions, progress and blockers.
The right candidates will have an abundance of background of hard core programming skills and have solid instincts for keeping various teams on track with large scale product and business goals and overall product vision. You are secure on when to say no, how to meet dates and timelines, and when it’s necessary to cut features or add more time to a release. More specifics include:
- 5+ years of direct software engineering experience
- 5+ years leading a software engineering teams and making things happen in the face of blockers and constraints in tight timelines
- Prior experience working in Python, SQL, and likely a variety of other languages as well as performing code reviews.
- Experienced in architecting, building, deploying and maintaining large scale distributed systems and applications.
- Experience integrating with external systems like CRMs, accounting applications, and really anything with a API
- An abundance of experience leading a distributed team across multiple time zones and countries.
- Previous work scaling teams through rapid revenue growth
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with a variety of software development methodologies including agile, DevOps, and CI/CD
- A mindset of automating everything, all the time
About PacketFabric, Inc.
PacketFabric has revolutionized how companies procure, deploy, and manage network connectivity with our Network-as-a-Service platform (NaaS). PacketFabric is a private layer 2 delivering instant, scalable, and secure connectivity between any two or more points on our network, at speeds from 50Mbps to multi-100Gbps. We are deeply committed to understanding our customers’ needs, and creating products they love. We strive to create strong customer relationships throughout the company. PacketFabric was built from the ground up as a fully-remote company, and our “packeteers” are located throughout the world.
PacketFabric is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.