PacketFabric is seeking an experienced Technical Program Manager to join our Operations team! As a well rounded Technical Program Manager, your technical leadership and organization will make a big impact on our business. You should have a healthy appreciation of facing a variety of diverse challenges outside of your comfort level and working under pressure. This position focuses on our network architecture and engineering team’s internal and external facing projects and tasks.
A typical day in the life of a Technical Program Manager might include:
- Working with the network architecture teams, production engineering teams, operations teams, infrastructure teams, CSMs, and software teams and serving as the central point of contact between these teams regarding important projects and tasks.
- Organize and manage infrastructure hand over to network teams for network backbone circuit, site deployments, and site augments.
- Project scope planning, documentation of requirements, and financial analysis as it relates to a particular network project.
- Act as a force multiplier making technical network teams more efficient by turning status meetings into dashboards, tracking external vendor engagements, and building workflows for day to day tasks.
The candidates who will excel in this role probably have a CS or BS degree, a PMP certification, a solid background in service provider network engineering, and naturally gravitate towards planning amazingly efficient projects.
- 3+ years as a production network engineer.
- 5+ years as a technical program manager for a network/network operations focused team.
- Working knowledge of layer 2 (Ethernet, 802.1q), layer 3 (IP, MPLS), routing protocols (BGP, ISIS) and network concepts such as transit, peering, and transport.
- Technical knowledge of data center facilities, common network architectures, fiber optics, circuits, routers, switches, firewalls, etc.
- Proven experience in prioritizing development activities, and producing continual internal product improvements.
- Proficiency with tools like Git, Jira, Confluence, LucidChart, and wireframing tools.
- Experience leading cross functional engineering teams, and collaborates well in a team environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, that accompany excellent organizational skills.
- A never ending drive to solve complex problems and move projects to completion.
- Experience creating key performance metrics, and measurements of internal product or project success.
- The mindset to automate everything, all the time.
- Never afraid to question notions or beliefs of how things should be done.
About PacketFabric, Inc.
PacketFabric has revolutionized how companies procure, deploy, and manage network connectivity with our network-as-a-service platform (NaaS). PacketFabric is a private layer 2 delivering instant, scalable, and secure connectivity between any two or more points on our network, at speeds from 1Gbps to multi-100Gbps. We are deeply committed to understanding our customers’ needs, and creating products they love. We strive to create strong customer relationships throughout the company. PacketFabric was built from the ground up as a fully-remote company, and our “packeteers” are located throughout the world.
PacketFabric is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
To apply, please email email@example.com and include your resume, and a cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!