Quickly maturing startup seeking like-minded Sr. Software Engineer in Test! PacketFabric redefines how companies procure, consume, and manage their network connectivity. The technical team is a small, talented, and close-knit group and we need some accounting help to make business operations flow smoothly.
You love testing and making sure everything works! You create meticulous integration tests and have an eye for finding those edge cases that software engineers miss. A typical day might include these types of activities:
- Work closely within the SRE and development teams - Network, Backend, Frontend - to create test cases.
- Create and maintain a test cases and scenarios for our API.
- Create and maintain UI based test cases and scenarios.
- Create scale testing for various systems.
- Create external documentation to be consumed by technical users.
- Troubleshooting complex issues to provide detailed and repeatable steps to replicate.
- Assist on various SRE projects.
- Asking good questions.
Skills & Requirements
The right candidates will have an extreme abundance of hard core programming skills and be well versed in working in large scale distributed systems that include physical infrastructure. They will be comfortable handling orchestration tools and dealing with frustrating large data sets. You will also know how to sacrifice algorithm elegance, for getting it done on deadline, and know when it is time to refactor some code to improve latency in various situations. You don't even need to be reminded of safe/secure programming practices, because things as simple as session security are inherent to your nature. More specifics include:
- Extensive experience with Python in large applications developed in a team environment
- A solid understanding of OO programming paradigms.
- A ridiculous amount of experience working in environments to automate complex tasks, especially with real world equipment
- Experience with orchestration tools like Ansible and Jenkins
- Familiarity with physical network equipment (Cisco, Juniper) and colocation deployments including various colocation vendors.
- Never being afraid to venture boldly where none have gone before, and develop code where there are no previous libraries to draw from
- Very comfortable using Git in a team environment (i.e. pull-requests, branch management, rebasing).
- Experience working in an environment leveraging remote communication collaboration tools like Slack, Zoom etc.
- Previous work with automated asset tracking and shipping systems
- Understanding of layer 1 networking concepts and equipment, such as MUX, AMP, and DWDM
- Previous work with netconf interactions to Cisco and Juniper hardware, other router APIs, open source configuration tools, or writing your own scripts for configuration
About PacketFabric, LLC.
What PacketFabric offers:
- The chance to disrupt the entrenched Internet infrastructure industry.
- A supportive and optimistic team that likes to learn from each other.
- A product development pipeline that’s always pushing new features and enhancing the quality of existing products.
- The opportunity to work with many different technologies.
- The opportunity to work with lots of open source technology.
- A small company culture.
- A flat reporting structure.
- Outstanding health, dental, and 401(k) for US residents.
What PacketFabric doesn't offer:
- Lack of direction: we maintain a clear roadmap and product pipeline.
- Pre-meetings: we don’t hold meetings to plan other meetings.
- A commute: no hours wasted in megaregion rush hour traffic.
- A dress code: a robe and slippers is acceptable attire any day of the week.