Quickly maturing startup seeking like minded Systems Reliability Engineer! PacketFabric redefines how companies procure, consume, and manage their network connectivity. The technical team is a small, talented, and close knit group and we need some devops help to make business operations flow smoothly.
As a well rounded system engineer and scripter, with a diverse set of skills, this makes you one of the very best people to troubleshoot, monitor the platform, and be on top of releases. You should definitely be the type that appreciates diversity in your day, and challenges outside of your comfort level!
Skills & Requirements
The right candidates will probably have a CS degree, solid scripting and automation skills, great troubleshooting skills across the OS and network, a good grasp on security concepts, experience with routing platforms and protocols, and enjoy working collaboratively.
Specific requirements include:
- Experience in automating tasks through scripting. You should be very well versed with Python, and probably a few other languages. We will ask for script samples.
- High degree of drive to improve and automate your environment with minimal guidance.
- Be able to solve for immediate, and plan to accommodate for future problems.
- Experience with Ansible, Salt, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, or CFEngine. Experience with Ansible and/or Salt preferred.
- Experience with build pipelines, integration testing and Jenkins.
- Experience administering a wide variety of *nix platforms, including multiple Linux variants.
- Solid understanding of Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocols including IPv4/6, 802.1Q, BGP, MPLS, etc., and understanding a multitude of different network architectures.
- Experience with Google Compute, AWS, or other cloud based compute and database services.
- Understand the importance and implementation of backup and redundancy across many layers of databases, systems, and network configurations.
Some knowledge that would be a huge plus:
- Familiarity administering/troubleshooting Juniper/Cisco/Arista platforms.
- Experience with extremely large scale network management and monitoring.
- Experience with OpenTSDB, ElasticSearch, or TimescaleDB.